If you have a press release, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with whatever you would like to have posted in The Bloom, and we’ll get back to you. In general, press releases should be under 250 words.
If you are an artist, writer, musician or photographer, download the content release form. Fill it out, then email it to email@example.com along with your submission. We will do our best to get back to you quickly.
- Times New Roman, 12 pt font
- .doc or .docx format
- Maximum 5 poems or two columns per submission
- Must be original work
- Include a JPEG photo and short bio of 100-150 words
All poetry submissions should be sent to Poet in Residence Georgina Marie: firstname.lastname@example.org
All other submissions should be emailed to email@example.com.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND MUSIC SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Send a Google Drive link to the files. If you’re unable to do this send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GENERAL ARTICLE GUIDELINES:
We are looking for:
- An experience: The article should tell a story.
- Quality descriptions: What is the setting? How does it feel to be there?
- A positive focus. Keep the piece upbeat and kind.
- A casual, neighborly tone. Lake County’s a relaxed place. Your writing should reflect that.
$10 and up per poem/series of poems (more if exceptional)
$10 and up for short fiction/creative nonfiction (based upon quality and length)
$10 and up per column/blog/video blog. We’re interested in the following topics: cooking, outdoors, restaurants, wineries, and human interest. Of course, we’re open to ideas.
SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN TO ALL AUTHORS, NOT JUST RESIDENTS OF LAKE COUNTY.
SEND SUBMISSIONS TO: email@example.com