Konocti Vista Casino, Resort and Marina and the Bass Tournament Directors have teamed up by taking extra steps to keep the participants and the public safe during this COVID-19 Pandemic. Konocti Vista Casino, Resort and Marina has already outlined our stringent safety steps, regarding social distancing on all property, including the Marina. https://konocti-vista-casino.com/about/covid-19-safety/. With safety in mind, before these tournaments, we are requiring each Tournament Director to send us their “Tournament Social Distance and Safety Plan” for us to review and approve before they arrive.
Example of the main steps are as follows;
• Temperature of tournament participant taken before, participant checks into hotel. Anyone with a temperature higher than 99.5 will not be allowed to enter the property, check into a room, nor participate in the tournament.
• Staggering the teams/flights going out and coming in and allowing more time to ensure less people are in the marina area at any one time.
• No meetings or award ceremonies in person but rather via Facebook Live or other platforms.
• Weigh ins are taking place on the docks or in a designated outdoor area out of the public marina area.
• Masks and Social Distancing are required when the fisherman are off their boat.
• There are to be no fans allowed to watch the weigh-ins, just tournament staff and anglers weighing in.
• The Tournament Directors are using such means as text, websites, and facebook live, to communicate with their tournament members and to assure everyone follows the guidelines.
• We have a temperature device available for Tournament Directors to use at their event.
Since mid-May, when the county opened the lake to both residences and non-residences of Lake County, we have been doing all we can to abide by and exceed all the California Government safety guidelines, to protect our guests, team members and community. In addition, we also want to bring in some much needed business to our county. We appreciate and are pleased with the partnerships we have created with these groups, so we can make sure their tournaments continue. Allowing the anglers to maintain their sporting events and for us to have confidence in the protocols that have been established to keep everyone safe and bring in some income to our county.